You can’t imagine my surprise when I saw this post from http://secondhandsurfer.wordpress.com/.
It has taken me awhile, but here is my response to her nomination……and again, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
The Coveted LIEBSTER AWARD
When I started my Photo Journey, I never dreamed anyone would pay much attention to it. I was happy to share my photos with friends and family. As I added posts, I found more friends and people who seemed to really like what I saw through a camera. Thank you Secondhand Surfer for nominating me for such an honor.
There are many things I could say about you, Ms. Secondhand Surfer, but you’ve hit the nail on the head with what you write in your posts:
“God + Service to Others = What I want to do, with my life.”
“I’m in a stage of giving back.”
These are two goals that I would like to achieve!
QUESTIONS FROM MY NOMINEE:
- If you could travel to any destination, where would it be? I want to travel to Tanzania for a Photo Safari!
- Who is your favorite philosopher? The Buddha.
- If you could choose a degree, everything paid for, what would you study? Weirdly enough, I would love to finish a degree in Tax Law. There are so many people who need help, that can’t afford it. I don’t believe people should have to pay to have their taxes done unless they are one of the “mega-rich” that need such specialized assistance.
- Do you believe we are all connected as One? In a word, YES! I also believe that many have lost their way from the One, and are struggling to find their way back.
- What is your favorite color? I have always been drawn to Blue, as it represents so many things to me: the sky, the water, peace, tranquility and hope.
- What is your favorite car? The one that get’s me from point A to Point B without a major breakdown!
- Are you familiar with Alice in Wonderland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice%27s_Adventures in Wonderland)? I must admit I read this many years ago. Now that you have asked, I must go back and read again!
- Do you believe in infinite possibilities? In a word, YES! My life is an example of infinite possibilities. I am just learning to open my eyes to them, and recognize when these possibilities make themselves available to me.
- For the right amount of money, would you go over Niagara Falls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niagara Falls) in a barrell~what would be the right amount of money be? In a word…..NO!
- Do you prefer the sunrise or sunset? I am a hopeless morning person and I so adore the sunrise. It represents the beginning of new possibilities!
- Do you read the blogs that you “like”? I read quite a few of the blogs that I “like”. I have found that I get so wrapped up in distractions in my life that I don’t give them the time they deserve.
I love your rule #62 – Don’t take yourself so seriously! I need to focus on this rule. Thanks for the reminder.
11 Random facts about myself:
1. I am an optimist. I tend the see the good in others and things that often teaches me lessons I would have not otherwise learned.
2. I HATE to cook.
3. I believe strongly in family ties and what we can learn from our family. I miss my husband more than he knows while he is at work, but we are blessed that he has this job!
4. I love all animals. I believe we are doing a disservice to many of the creatures by trying to “tame” them. Our desire to own that which is beautiful has caused great harm in many instances (parrots…….) I would love to own a farm and be surrounded by animals of all types!
5. I believe we should have NEVER tried to domesticate Parrots as pets. These amazing creatures have far too much intelligence for we humans to “own”. We now owe a responsibility to make things rights in their world. Something I am trying to do.
6. I have many acquaintances, but few “friends”. Those that are my friends I would do anything in my power to help them should they need it. By doing so I receive blessings beyond my wildest dreams. To Bo, I say I love you and thank you for all you are and all that you do!
7. I am at peace when I am with nature. Put a camera in front of me and the rest of the world disappears!
8. I love the art of photography, and am learning more and more about this art! I never dreamed that as an accountant I could be good at something considered “artistic”
9. I am VERY tall and I hated it until I was in my 30’s.
10. I love music of all types. Music can take me to places I would otherwise not be able to go. It transports and transform mes. I wish I could sing, play and entertain rather than “annoy”! 🙂 I have many friends who are talented musicians, and they are all a blessing in my life (yes you….. Michael Garvin)
11. I want to leave a “mark” while on this earth. I just don’t know what that mark should look like.
11 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
1. If today were your last day of this existence, what would you do?
2. Who has had the most influence in your life and WHY (or do you really know)?
3. Do you believe that animals have rights that we, as humans have taken away from them?
4. Who is your favorite musician and why?
5. Are you happy with where you are in your life?
6. Do you believe that this is our only life?
7. If you were given, with no strings attached, $10,000,000 what would you do with it?
8. What is your favorite time of year?
9. Where is your favorite place on earth, or have you found it?
10 . Do you believe that you can agree to disagree with someone very close to you and still be “friends”?
11 Are you a morning person or a late night person?
The blogs that I choose to pass this torch to are: I do not want to comment on the why, and I hope you visit these to form your own opinion! As I am new to blogging, many that I follow have far more than 200 followers, something that speaks volumes to me.
- Paris is always a good idea (http://bocajessie.wordpress.com/)
- http://featheredangels.wordpress.com/ (because she get’s how I feel about the current situation with Parrots)
I am only able to come up with six that seem to meet the criteria!
Thank you again for your nomination. I feel blessed that you believed enough in my work to nominate me!
Janet Holt Hilton