What DO I want for Christmas?
As I was scurrying through the house this morning, trying to get all those things done that I believed were so important, my sweet Momma looked at me and asked me, “Janet, what do you want for Christmas this year?” I just looked at her and smiled, blew the question off and continued on my way.
As the day progressed, I began to think what exactly do I want for Christmas? I am so fortunate to have a home, a good husband, food on my table, and all my needs met on a daily basis. That is more than many have, or will ever have. So, I started thinking and decided to figure out exactly what it was I wanted for Christmas (which starts with what I DON’T need.)
This is what I came up with:
- I don’t need any clothes or shoes. Patricia Sund (www.parrotnation.com) has threatened me if I buy any more clothes or shoes! (I would never admit it, but she is right).
- I don’t need a computer as I have a perfectly wonderful MacBook Pro! I also have all the toys and gadgets that one would need to go along with my computer.
- I don’t need a car. I have an awesome car that is quite safe and functional.
- I definitely don’t need any more animals. My husband and family will certainly vouch for that considering there are three dogs, two cats and one bird that reside in this house (http://www.parrots.org/index.php/parrotgallery/category/C153/)
So, exactly what do I want? Well, thinking about it I almost felt like Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality, when she got carried away and overwhelmed when answering her question after the beauty pageant: (http://shelovesmagazine.com/2011/tgif-tinas-glee-inducing-fridays-18/).
- I want a world where people respect each other, and celebrate each other for their differences.
- I want to see a world where no one is hungry when they go to bed each night.
- I want to see a world of tolerance and compassion instead of all of the hatred and animosity that seems to be ramping up in epic proportions.
- I want a world where animals are treated with the dignity and respect that they are due, and where people must pay for the consequences of killing, hurting or abusing these creatures.
- I want a world where it I OK to disagree with each other and not have that disagreement turn into something evil and ugly.
- I want my family close to me, and my friends that are like family close to me.
I hope wanting all that is not want too much. I refuse to believe that it is unattainable.
And yes Sandra, I too want World Peace!